Turkey Trots are one of the coolest things EVER during November, and you need to get a jump on the details NOW!
So if you’ve been around direct sales for awhile, chances are you know all about the Turkey Trot! The idea is that you get 6 people to collect $100 in orders. Then you submit as one big party and divide up the hostess benefits, right? Most of us are experts at this. But if you’re new, it can be very confusing. So to help out our newer consultants, and make sure they can be just as successful as the pros…I made this quick training video in order to show our newer consultants just how to run a Turkey Trot!
But I BET…I can show some old dogs some new tricks too…so don’t think you got this down old dogs!
Throughout the year, they will be named all different kinds of things according to the season or holiday, but the concept will always be the same!
- Snowman shuffle
- Reindeer romp
- Cupid shuffle
- Boo bags
- Summer 6 pack
- Firecracker frenzy
- The name may be different, but the concept is exactly the same!
Watch this QUICK VIDEO to explain how to do one:
And why on Earth would you want to do this?
Let me tell you a little turkey story…
Once there was this customer. She was too scared to commit to collecting an entire party by herself. She wasn’t confident her friends would support her. So she came across this crazy nut job of a consultant, who was offering prizes for collecting HALF of a party. So she decided to give it a try. Because even though her consultant is nuts, she’s kinda fun and it couldn’t be that bad to collect $100 in orders, right?
Just like that…you got her to book a party. You helped her overcome a fear of direct sales that she didn’t even know she had. And now you have a lifelong hostess and happy customer. Along with lots of new gobble gobble friends of hers that want to try next time 🙂
If you have been following this blog any length of time, you know how much I love themes and seasonal marketing. I have always been an out-of-the-box thinker and am always looking for ways to set myself apart from the masses and stand out.
So here we are in February and as I stroll through my FAVORITE store in the whole wide world (aka Dollar Tree), I see the hearts, candies and cupids and my mind immediately turns to……. nope, not anything romantic, but something just as exciting…. MARKETING!! I am completely engrossed in picking things up and saying “how can I use this for my biz?” Does anyone else do this? I literally walk around Dollar Tree looking for business building goodies! And if I get a cart, well then it’s totally over! LOL!
Let’s talk February marketing ideas right now! I am going to share 10 of my favorite ideas below AND I will even include a link to my awesome February Marketing Ideas Pinterest Board that I created just for you! The Pinterest board is meant to get your creative juices flowing and get you thinking outside of the box too!
1: Host your own “Mardi Gras Party” – Feb 13, 2018!
Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday)! You definitely still have time to pull this off! People know today what they are doing on that Tuesday night. Grab a king cake at your local grocery store ($7), some beads and masks at the Dollar Tree ($5) and you are good to go! Sooooo easy and fun!! Or host an online Mardi Gras Party on Facebook — get creative! Mardi Gras is all about partying with friend and having a great time!! Perfect atmosphere for us! The Dollar Tree has tons of awesome goodies for this.
2: GALentine’s Day-
This is a day that you celebrate with your best girlfriends, get it? GALentine’s Day! It is the ultimate girls night out event, just google “Galentine’s Day” and check out all the awesomeness available. I see this as a great theme for your parties (online and in-home) the entire month of February! Don’t break the bank, hit the Dollar Tree!
Love all these ideas? Join our Facebook group for TONS of great ideas to work your business each month:
3: Buy boxes of Valentine’s Day classroom cards –
($1 at Dollar Tree for 32 of them) –
Give them out to people during Valentine’s Day week as you meet them! Stick your label on the back and just hand them out, don’t overthink this! It is kinda like a business card, and seriously, who doesn’t LOVE getting Valentines! You know you miss getting them too! And come on, I REALLY want to buy some Disney Princess theme Valentine’s after being in Orlando last week, and they even have cute Minion ones for my friend, Melanie Moore!! So grab a couple boxes, label them up and get out there! You need to get out from behind that computer…. yes YOU! …. you need to get out there and meet people!
4: Valentine’s Day BOOKING Ideas –
They have these cute containers at the Dollar Store — 8 in a pack.
1) Use them for a Booking Game — Allow each guest to choose a container. If they want to take a gamble, they can open the container. 6 of the containers say Book a Party, 5 containers say Free Gift and 1 container says Grand Prize. If they decide to open their container and they get free gift or grand prize, you must give them those prizes, if they get book a spa, they must agree to book a party.
2) Use them for a booking gift — They get to choose a gift when they book a party. (HINT: Just put some candy in the box. Then on a small post it note put the gift they will receive when they hold their party ON THE ORIGINAL DATE BOOKED.)
5: Start an “I LOVE _______” Campaign –
This is the month of LOVE, so embrace it! What do you LOVE in your business? Each week of the month, choose another piece of your business to highlight online. Highlight specific people, highlight products, hightlight your company, etc
I LOVE My Hostesses!
I LOVE My Team!
I LOVE My Company!
I LOVE Referrals!
I LOVE My Customers!
I LOVE ______ Product!
6 : CUPID CASH –
Your customers “earn” $1 in Cupid Cash for every $10 they spend with you in February. The Cupid Cash is only redeemable with you and only redeemable in March, so it gets you sales this month and potentially next month too. If you want to move some cash and carry products, you could easily change the coupon to where they can only redeem the Cupid Cash toward something you have cash and carry and then payout the difference. For example, if they have $10 in Cupid Cash and the item is $31, they give you the $10 in Cupid Cash and pay the $21 difference. That’s a sale for Feb AND a sale for March! Download this free Cupid Cash coupon sheet and start using them right away. We even added a special “booking bonus” to this one! DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE
7: Send a Valentine’s Day card –
(2 for $1 at Dollar Tree) to your 5 favorite Hostesses, your 5 favorite Customers and 10 of your team members, or mix and match that however you want. You are not sending these to ask them to book or buy, you are sending them to let them know how much you appreciate them in your business.
8: Offer Gift Certificates –
Gift certificates are so popular, make sure your customers know you offer them!
9: Offer some SWEET DEALS –
Put together some gift sets and wrap them up cute to sell cash and carry! The eye buys! Upload pics of your cute packages to your customer groups, business page, Instagram, etc (if permitted)
10: Vendor Booth Idea – Host a Kissing Booth!
Are you doing a vendor booth this month? Why not host a kissing booth? Pucker up, baby! No wait, I am totally kidding…. loosen those lips. Grab a mason jar or large lidded container, fill it to the top with Hershey Kisses (counting as you go) and put it on your table with a sign that says KISSING BOOTH and have them guess how many kisses are in the jar. Easy peasy, right? And the winner gets the jar of kisses, or a gift certificate, whatever you want. You can do this online too and award a virtual gift certificate. What I love about activities like this at a booth is they are inexpensive, fun and always highly participative. Everyone stops to take a crack at guessing, which means you have more time to create conversation.
Need some visual stimulation to get you thinking about February marketing? Check out the Pinterest board I made just for this topic:
Here’s a challenge I’m sharing with our team today for a weekly sales push to increase those holiday sales!
Each week we will be focusing on a certain “push” to grab some extra sales. It’s important to FOCUS 100% on one task at a time! This week, this is it! Follow these 4 steps!
I’m giving away a $25 GIFT CARD to Amazon to our winner. All you have to do is participate! Each picture you snap of messages and WOOT WOOTS for orders…gets you an entry!
1. Choose 15 People to PRIVATE Facebook Message or Individually Text. These people are people who know and love you NOT RANDOM PEOPLE!
You should be able to answer YES to all of the following questions to choose these 15 people:
– Do you know this person well? YES!
– Does she know what DS business you do? YES!
– Has she ordered from you before? YES!
– Will she answer me tonight? YES!
If you have more than 15 people, GREAT! Run with it!
2. Send this message. ONLY the message! DO NOT send the picture or link to your website with this message:
“Hey girl! I’m in a contest tonight but just until midnight tomorrow. Would you be willing to take a look at something for me? If so, just holler and I’ll send you the details!
LOVE THIS SO FAR?
3. You want her to respond with permission for you to send the link. Give her the chance to WANT to help you! Once she gives you permission to send it, you can respond to her with the graphic and the following message:
Thank you! Thank you! Here is the graphic! I will check back with you later tonight to see if you would like some of these items. You ROCK! You can get any of these sale items, holiday items, or even browse the catalog. And if you spend $35…I’ll give you an EXTRA $5 off tonight AND…you get to take advantage of the customer special if you want to!
LINK TO SALE ITEMS: ((INSERT LINK TO YOUR SALE ITEMS))
LINK TO HOLIDAY ITEMS: ((INSERT LINK TO YOUR HOLIDAY ITEMS))
HERE’S HOW YOU GET THOSE TWO SPECIFIC LINKS ON YOUR SITE:
4. Follow up with them later this evening…and create a PARTY for this on your site. So if they want…they can go directly there to order.
- you could either take hostess benefits or let them know one person will WIN hostess benefits if you get to $200 in orders
- if you got to $200…you could use the half off and $25 hostess credit to order a couple products and offset the $5 discount you gave!
- the idea is to put an urgency to this. Only til midnight tomorrow!
- you can also ask if they’d mind posting on their Facebook page for you to see if any of their friends want some
- you can also post the graphic on your customer page or email your entire contacts list
- create a post on your business page and ask your customers to share it
- send a newsletter to all your contacts in your back office and highlight this
This is the graphic we will be sharing on our team page:
Launching our exclusive new consultant training on TUESDAY NIGHT!
The training is $39 as part of an exclusive training series with Directly Social.
Are you tired of getting new consultants and then having them drop off?
Do you just need a way to train them right out of the gates?
This training is for YOU!
In this training you will learn how to start your new consultants off in a BIG WAY!
You will learn:
- systems to train
- email systems
- welcome “packet”
- systems to connect with them quickly
- systems to get their launch parties going within three days of them joining
- and MUCH MORE!
- This will be recorded, so you will have access to it if you can’t make it Tuesday night
- You will be added to a Facebook group where the training will take place
- These are systems and techniques you will be able to put into immediate action
- This training is for ALL Direct Sales/MLM consultants