How many consultants do you know that sell for another company?
Are you using those connections effectively?
How easy would it be to sit down today and write a list of 10 people who work for a different direct sales company? I am a Thirty-One consultant. I could contact:
…and the list goes on and on!
So then I ask them if I can mail them 25 mini catalogs. They could put my catalogs in their customer bags when they deliver. And they can mail ME 25 mini catalogs and I will do the same for them! How easy is that? Reaching new customers is what it’s all about. Making NEW connections each and every day.
Let’s go a step further. What if I sent one consultant from a different company a product I sell. She gives a shout out on Facebook to me with a picture of my product, maybe a coupon offered for a referral, and link to my website. And I do the same for her. Send me something small in your inventory and let me advertise for you! And you can advertise for me. Let’s see if we can use our connections with each other….to make more customers for the both of us!
It’s such a good way to gain a new customer base!! And don’t think you have to stay local…how great would it be to find a consultant 2 states over and do advertising with THEM? I would sure like to expand my customer base, how about you?
So who do I have out there in the direct sales world that would like to do this with me?? I have lots of Thirty-One to give away:) And lots of mini catalogs to mail you! Who wants to partner with me? Message me today!! I have a very loyal and broad customer base that would LOVE to see your products too!
Please contact me today if we can partner together! And let your teams know..this is a great way to get out of your box!!
Have a great day!
Ind. Senior Executive Director at Thirty-One Gifts
So I’m always looking for new ways to market my business to different circles of people. I came across a site that does personalized bookmarks. So of course I made some bookmarks and had the plan to go to libraries and ask to leave my bookmarks at their counters.
But I got to thinking, how can I use this? How can I make some contacts and relationships from this? So I decided to call my local Barnes and Noble and see if I could set up a table for a few hours, do a give a way, and give my bookmarks out. Let’s just say they thought I was crazy and gave me a run around.
But I’m not easily defeated. So I decided to try a smaller chain and I called Half Priced Books. I was directed to the regional manager. I called and spoke with her and she also thought I was crazy…INITIALLY. I said, think about it this way:
1. I buy a gift certificate for your store to give away
2. I set up my products and do a give a way
3. I post on my Facebook: “I’m at Half Priced Books today, come see me! Giving away a gift certificate today!
4. YOU get customers and advertisement, I get customers and advertisement
5. And she says…that sounds like a GREAT idea!
So she said I can set up at the store I was calling to.
But did I stop there? NO> I asked how many stores she is over, turns out SIX stores from here to Kentucky that I will be visiting and have exclusive access to. You never know until you ask. And if you stop at the first person who tells you no…you’re not going to find the one who will say YES!
Here is the website I got my personalized bookmarks at, for very cheap might I add: www.printrunner.com
And here is a video I made for my team explaining what I’m doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiCE_7oqY2s
Here is a picture of my bookmark:
Remember, it always seems impossible until it’s done!
I have made a video for my team to explain the importance of getting someone information BACK from them when you hand them your mini catalog.
When you are out running errands all day, you should be handing your mini catalogs or information to everyone you come into contact with. But what good does that do if you don’t get their information in return, right? Because follow up is KEY!
Watch this 2 minute video on how I am going to start collecting their information by doing a DRAWING every month just for my new contacts. This gives you a REASON to ask them for their information! Everyone loves something for free, right??
Once a month, do a drawing with all the information sheets you have collected and give away a free product!
The other thing I like about this form I have made is it has a “best way to contact you” section. If you are emailing someone who never checks their email, you are fighting a losing battle! So why not just ASK them how they prefer to be contacted!
If you would like a copy of the form I have made, visit my Facebook site and I will post it there for everyone to be able to download it. I have this page set up so we can share files with all the different direct sales companies. You can request to be added to this page:
And here is a picture for you to view!
I posted this on my main Facebook page and I am having some REALLY good feedback! I even had a kid (a friend of one of my kids) nominate his mom…so sweet!! Great advertisement for YOU and a way to celebrate someone else in the process! Offer a bundle of your products as a Mother’s Day gift for one of the entries. I will number each entry and then pick a winner from the website called www.random.org. It allows you to enter numbers and then it chooses a winner for you! Here is what I posted: Mother’s Day is right around the corner. I want to spoil one lucky mom (or a mom that deserves it) with a gift package from YOU! Go check out this board, tell me which one your “mom” would love and why she deserves to win. And tag her when you do, so you can give her a big smile today I will draw a grand prize on April 10th!! So you can have it delivered by Mother’s Day!
And how would this help your business and your friend?
1. People are looking at your information on Pinterest, your business boards, and Mother’s Day gift ideas from your company
2. People are making a personal connection with you by sharing
3. People are tagging someone else, now your information shows up on their page too…more advertisement for YOU
4. You get to show case your product on Facebook without breaking any rules. You’re not selling, asking them to join, or begging them to book a party. You’re simply celebrating THEM and their FRIENDS, and your PRODUCT! WIN/WIN
Check my own Pinterest board to get an idea of what to do for YOURS!
Did you know that Pinterest is the 4th largest traffic driver in the WORLD? If you’re not using it for your business, you’re missing out on all that traffic and all those searches by your customers. The world is changing, and so are people’s shopping habits…you better catch up!
Check out this article snip from TechCrunch.com:
According to new data released by Shareaholic this morning, Pinterest has beaten out Yahoo organic traffic, making Pinterest the fourth largest traffic driver worldwide. Read the whole article here:
There are some great trainings out there on how to effectively use Pinterest in your business and I have been doing my homework. Because that is what leaders do, right? You need to be show casing your product on Pinterest. I will have tons of tips and tricks coming over the next few weeks on things I have learned in the Pinterest world. I will tell you this:
1. I have incorporated my hostess coaching into Pinterest. They have a coupon in their hostess packet. They are directed to find me on Pinterest and find my “31 bags I love” board and re-pin their top 3 favorite. This allows me to: make another solid and long lasting connection with my hostess, she re-pins something that is connected to me. So i reach a whole new audience on Pinterest, AND I get her thinking about a product she loves and wants to earn for FREE. Win/Win, right>
2. Another thing I do… is I have a board for “hostess appetizers”. They can go there and look for some easy appetizers for things to make for their party. So I’m not only sharing product, but FOOD. And everyone loves food, right? Each picture has a saying at the bottom with information on how to get to my website. sneaky sneaky, hunh?
3. THEN..I have a board for fun party themes. The idea is to have FUN at her party. Why not let her choose a theme and have a blast. Cause let’s face it, if it’s not fun, she won’t come back! There are things like Facebook Party, Bunco Night, Ice cream Social, etc. Again, all attached with my website. So if it gets passed around…it all leads back to me.
How many people a day do you think search “party ideas” on Pinterest? Or appetizers? I’m not being left out in the cold! I want MY business to show up!
If you would like to check out my Pinterest, find me here!! Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!!
This is such an awesome way to get your name out there!! Watch this 3 minute video on how to use coloring sheets to advertise your business: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzjfi_EOoXo
The idea is to find new connections at every corner. Places you can leave these:
oil changing businesses
tire changing businesses
doctor and dentist offices
any type of waiting rooms
I bought crayons here for super cheap:http://www.orientaltrading.com/crayons-a2-39_612.fltr?prodCatId=551451
And you can fit a regular size address label on the back with your information! I go to avery.com and make all kinds of labels for my own business and print from home.
I will also post my coloring sheet on our group file page at:
For the coloring sheets, these are so easy to change for each season! Just Google coloring sheets for that particular holiday or season and tons of free templates will come up.
This is CHEAP and FUN and will get your name out in your community!! What other ideas do you have that help you promote your business in a FUN way?
Love and hugs,