If you’re not marketing your business to people…
someone else is marketing THEIRS to them!
Marketing is the name of the game. You cannot sustain your business without it.
What happens when someone starts a business in Direct Sales? They are excited and booking parties form their family and friends and then 5 months later…they say “this business just isn’t for me. I can’t get anyone to book a party”.
It’s because they’ve run out of family and friends. So what comes next? How do you hold onto that excitement and gain new contacts on a consistent basis?
YOU MARKET YOUR BUSINESS!
Marketing is not something you can do ONE time and think it’s going to pay off big! You have to market your business on a consistent basis. Everything you have to do has to be PURPOSEFUL. And then, and only then, will you start to see consistent results!
Here are just a few fun ways to market your business. What do YOU do that sets you apart from every other consultant out there?
1. Pictures are amazing – people do not throw away things with a photo on them: put your photo on your business cards and your catalog labels. Let people who don’t know you…get a glimpse of you so they associate your business with a REAL person
2. Networking Groups – usually a local group of entrepreneurs, home based businesses
Look for a FB group in your community
Join the local mom’s group
3. Facebook post: Who wants to be AMBUSHED? In two weeks, I will be celebrating THREE local businesses by showering them with Thirty-One products! Want a chance to be picked? Post the name of your business, the address, and the number of people in your department. Winners will be picked on Friday!
4. Call your local Middle School, ask to set up a charity event to give all money to a local charity, or you could donate to PTO. Do a yard sale and vendor event. This gets the parents of the children at the school involved TOO!! Charge $10 a booth and donate all that money to your charity or PTO. The school could send home the invites for the parents! I’m going to Ridgeway Elementary on Monday…so any other school is FAIR GAME for all of you! Who can you contact???? What a great way to get your name out there to LOTS of people!!!!
5. What if you picked one daycare a week, asked to set up an organizing utility tote with “wanna 31 with me?” on it. And put envelopes together with a catalog, booking flier, recruiting flier in it and had them pass them out to all the moms that week. Think about how many contacts you could make! You could also tie a pen to your bag and hole punch the door prize slips and leave a lil fish bowl for them to leave their info for a free prize drawing. more contacts for your TTT too!
6. Market yourself when you are out in public for ANYTHING by carrying products – embroidery is key
isell 31 make $$$ sell 31 luvin’ me some 31
ask me about 31 flippin love 31 blessed by 31
luv my 31 biz got 31?
7. USE your product everywhere you go! Have a bag embroidered with something catchy about your business so that people will ASK you about it! And carry your information everywhere you go so you can pass it out to everyone you meet!
8. Wear your company t-shirts
9. Put this as your vacation response in your email options and put that you will be on vacation for about 3 years. This way, every time someone emails you, they get this in response and directed to your website!
Thank you so much for your interest in Thirty-One Gifts. I will return your email within 24 to 48 hours.
In the meantime please check out my website www.mythirtyone.com/missy78
3 great ways to enjoy the Thirty-One products…
1. Order on my website!
2. Host a party and get FREE products!
3. Become a consultant, and build a dream!
10. create a private FB age and add all your friends and family to it. Interact at LEAST weekly on there to keep people’s interests. You can post monthly specials and booking and recruiting incentives. But remember, you can’t add someone to a group without their permission! Not very professional at all, so don’t make that mistake!
Every Monday, I’ll post 10 more marketing tips!!
What are YOUR favorite marketing tips?
Video Posted on Updated on
So we are always trying to come up with fun ways to play booking games at our parties. I got this advertisement from a consignment shop and this idea hit me!
This is kind of a “deal or No Deal” game to increase bookings!
I laminate these cards and pass them to all the guests so they can see what they can win right in front them.
This is a booking game where you color the bottom of the lolli pops different colors. According to the color they draw, they win certain prizes, like:
1. Book a Party
2. Free Shipping
3. Free key fob
…and so on and so on
Here is a video if you would like to try a fun new game at your next party!
And if you would like to view the file, you can check out our shop!
Marketing Madness: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MarketingMadness
Video Posted on Updated on
Keep track of your contacts!
It is SO important to keep track of every aspect of your business in direct sales. How many times do you get a lead for a booking or potential recruit, write their information on a piece of paper, and then LOSE it??!! That is just not affordable in our business.
I have completely changed my business by implementing some of the ideas from Belinda Ellsworth’s Power Hour trainings. It took me 6 month to perfect my system, but my business is now a well oiled machine. I work efficiently and effectively on every aspect of my business that NEEDS my attention:
3. Hostess Coaching
4. Customer Care
Check out this video to see how YOU can organize your own business. Because let’s face it, these four areas are the foundation of our business. And if you’re not taking care of the foundation of your business, you will struggle.
I have never been more successful, confident, and EXCITED about my business than ever before. and it is ALL due to this system!
Here’s examples of the files I have created to track booking leads, recruiting leads, VIP customers, and my personal marketing plan:
If you would like access to all these files, they can be found here:
So I have an awesome project to announce that I have been working on for 6 months! We have finally finished and are ready to launch it! This is the ultimate direct sales planner.
There are 4 separate files: for ANY directors and above, for ANY consultants, and then ones specifically for Thirty-one Directors and Thirty-One consultants. So find the one that works for YOU!
In it, you will find checklists for:
1. tax purposes
2. mileage tracking
3. to do lists
4. team reminders
5. Holiday calendar with events (like nurses week and such) so you can plan your business
6. password log in tracker
7. team incentive tracker
8. customer give a way tracker
***and MUCH MUCH MORE!
So would you like to see a video? Here you go!
You can order the planner at our Etsy shop:
If you have any questions, lease let me know! We will uploading TONS of files very soon! So check back! We will be uploading holiday files, hostess packet files, guest packets, lead packets, and much more!
Here’s a sneak peak at just one of the files in our Thirty-One Director Planner:
You take your car everywhere. Why not use it to market your business? I have gotten countless leads and sales for my business by having this sticker on the back of my car.
Here is my car decal:
You run to the:
~picking kids up
~dropping kids off
~stuck at trains
…the list goes on and on!
Wouldn’t you rather be stuck at a light or train with someone looking at your business information? I even got a vendor fair booked while I was waiting to pick up my son from school one day. I feel like this is just something natural that every person that owns their own business should have. You and your car are a walking billboard! Just like you should be carrying your product with you everywhere you go…so should your CAR!
This is the place I ordered my car decal from, cost me about $20:
How good is your customer service when picking up the phone? I store all my customers in my phone with a 31 before their first name, like…31Teresa Smith. That way, I know immediately when it pops up that it is a 31 customer. And I do not pick up the phone and say HELLO. I say, HI TERESA!! Just one way to make your customers and hostesses feel extra special!!
Also, with that 31 in front of their name, if I am doing a booking blitz, I just have to scroll through the 31’s…not my whole contact base!!!
work SMARTER…not HARDER
Making your customers feel special is the key to great customer service. Remarkable customer service is what will keep your customers coming back to YOU over all the other consultants.
Also, with every single customer order, I send a hand written THANK YOU note in the mail. I tell them their expected delivery date, thank them for their business, and send a business magnet with my information on it. I choose to put this in the mail because I do not want it to get lost in their bags of product that I deliver. I want them to get something in the mail other than a bill! Something to make them smile and say, “hmmmm….”. Set yourself apart!
Here are the business magnets I order from www.vistaprint.com:
Handing out mini catalogs:
Everybody always asks me…WHAT DO YOU SAY….when you hand out mini catalogs??
“I just don’t know what to say”
Ready for it??? This is monumental…this is going to be a turning point in your career….pay very close attention…..you ready for it????…………….. “Do you mind if I leave this with you?”
-she’ll say……. “Sure, what is it?”
-and you’ll say…. “I sell purses, this is our mini catalog and a $5 coupon for you!”
**if she acts interested at all, you say…if you write your name and email down I can add you to my newsletter and monthly drawing. I give away one free gift a month for my brand new customers. A great way to remind yourself to do this is to put a post it note on the front of each mini catalog. Here’s the form I use to get their contact information BACK:
Make little goody bags. All you need to make your own is:
-a mini catalog
-an opportunity flier or post card
-and a business card with a Coupon on it
#1 Where do you put the mini catalogs?
IN YOUR PURSE!!
IN YOUR CD VISOR
IN YOUR FRONT SEAT
**every Sunday….make up 25 mini’s….and put half of them in your purse and half of them in your CAR! Your job each week is to hand out 25 mini catalogs a week to complete strangers…
Who do you leave them with??
*** EVERYONE!!!! When you go into the…
-Grocery store, give it to the teller
-Bank, send it in the tube
-Gas station, give it to the clerk
-Library, give it to the lady checking you out
-Walmart, give it to the cashier
-Doctor, leave some for the staff
-Dollar store, give to the cashier
-WORK…leave in the BATHROOMS, breakrooms…
-Servers….attach your bill to the mini catalog
ANYONE you come into contact with. And when you get really good at this…you not only go into the dollar store you intended to, but you go into the store NEXT DOOR! Why not? You’re already THERE!
AND WHAT DO WE SAY WHEN WE HAND THEM OUT????? “Do you mind if I leave this with you???”
Now one more thing that’s fun to do……
You CAN get some kiddy looking goody bags and a sticker book, mini notepads, and a pack of 64 crayons at your dollar store. Put some stickers, two sheets of paper folded over, 2 crayons, and a mini catalog packet. Hand them to rowdy kids in stores-the moms will love you 🙂
These are my goody bags below. Easy to keep nice and neat in these 5×8 zip lock bags. You can order these for very cheap on eBay!
I have made a video for my team to explain the importance of getting someone information BACK from them when you hand them your mini catalog.
When you are out running errands all day, you should be handing your mini catalogs or information to everyone you come into contact with. But what good does that do if you don’t get their information in return, right? Because follow up is KEY!
Watch this 2 minute video on how I am going to start collecting their information by doing a DRAWING every month just for my new contacts. This gives you a REASON to ask them for their information! Everyone loves something for free, right??
Once a month, do a drawing with all the information sheets you have collected and give away a free product!
The other thing I like about this form I have made is it has a “best way to contact you” section. If you are emailing someone who never checks their email, you are fighting a losing battle! So why not just ASK them how they prefer to be contacted!
If you would like a copy of the form I have made, visit my Facebook site and I will post it there for everyone to be able to download it. I have this page set up so we can share files with all the different direct sales companies. You can request to be added to this page:
And here is a picture for you to view!
Did you know that because you run a business, you can order something called REGIONAL RATE BOXES, from the post office for FREE and they will ship your business supplies and customer mailings SO much cheaper? Read this from the USPS and follow the links at the bottom to order yours today. You pay no shipping to get them shipped to your door step. And you get FREE boxes with cheaper shipping. Now that’s a WIN/WIN!!!:
- Includes up to $50 in insurance coverage for mailpieces with barcodes3
- Delivery within 1, 2, or 3 business days1 based on where your package started and where it’s being sent
- Free Package Pickup2
- Includes USPS Tracking
- Saturday delivery and residential delivery at no extra charge4
- Zone pricing keeps costs low
I just shipped 24 catalogs and fundraisers packets for $6 in these business rate boxes!!! They are FREE to order! My post office guy told me about it and had one on hand for me. But he said they don’t stock those at the post office, you have to order them! WOOT!! WOOT!! Shipping can be outrageous, and we need to save money where we can. There are all different size boxes you can order completely FREE. https://store.usps.com/store/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=subcatMSS_RegionalRate&categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies%3AsubcatMSS_RegionalRate
Did you know that Pinterest is the 4th largest traffic driver in the WORLD? If you’re not using it for your business, you’re missing out on all that traffic and all those searches by your customers. The world is changing, and so are people’s shopping habits…you better catch up!
Check out this article snip from TechCrunch.com:
According to new data released by Shareaholic this morning, Pinterest has beaten out Yahoo organic traffic, making Pinterest the fourth largest traffic driver worldwide. Read the whole article here:
There are some great trainings out there on how to effectively use Pinterest in your business and I have been doing my homework. Because that is what leaders do, right? You need to be show casing your product on Pinterest. I will have tons of tips and tricks coming over the next few weeks on things I have learned in the Pinterest world. I will tell you this:
1. I have incorporated my hostess coaching into Pinterest. They have a coupon in their hostess packet. They are directed to find me on Pinterest and find my “31 bags I love” board and re-pin their top 3 favorite. This allows me to: make another solid and long lasting connection with my hostess, she re-pins something that is connected to me. So i reach a whole new audience on Pinterest, AND I get her thinking about a product she loves and wants to earn for FREE. Win/Win, right>
2. Another thing I do… is I have a board for “hostess appetizers”. They can go there and look for some easy appetizers for things to make for their party. So I’m not only sharing product, but FOOD. And everyone loves food, right? Each picture has a saying at the bottom with information on how to get to my website. sneaky sneaky, hunh?
3. THEN..I have a board for fun party themes. The idea is to have FUN at her party. Why not let her choose a theme and have a blast. Cause let’s face it, if it’s not fun, she won’t come back! There are things like Facebook Party, Bunco Night, Ice cream Social, etc. Again, all attached with my website. So if it gets passed around…it all leads back to me.
How many people a day do you think search “party ideas” on Pinterest? Or appetizers? I’m not being left out in the cold! I want MY business to show up!
If you would like to check out my Pinterest, find me here!! Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!!