Every month, I have the pleasure of meeting with my dear friend, Melanie Moore. Talk about a fabulous brain…this lady INSPIRES me, MOTIVATES me, and feeds my imagination to the fullest! We always have the best networking and brain storming sessions! We always walk away with at least ten new ideas and plans to keep our calendars full! And Melanie and I have teamed up for some exciting news we will be announcing VERY soon…so stay tuned! You don’t want to miss this duo in action!
So one thing she taught me was an app for your phone. It’s called genius scan.
1. So what can you use this amazing app for? Sometimes I have consultants send me their conference call notes scribbled on a piece of paper. Makes it very hard for me to read. I can use this app to create a PDF of their notes. And it lets me crop out their kitchen table before I do:)
2. If someone sends you a contract that you have to sign or mail back to them, print the document, sign it, and then make it into a PDF with this app! And you can email back to them a signed PDF copy! How insanely cool is THAT??
3. You can also scan receipts with this, and save them to your appropriate drop box folder for tax purposes.
I am SO excited about this app! You have to go check it out!!
This is the description from the website:
– Detects page frame and corrects perspective
– Enhances the scan with color or black-and-white post-processing
– Emails the scans as JPG or PDF
– Creates PDF documents with multiple scans
– Export documents to any app supporting JPG or PDF files
– Documents are processed on the phone, not sent to a third-party server
Wondering how our users use Genius Scan?
– To quickly scan a form you just printed when you don’t have a scanner
– At the university, to take a picture of a whiteboard
– On the road, to archive receipts
– To make a copy when you have no copier available
– To archive handwritten notes or share them with colleagues
– Save the perfect recipe after cooking
– Save handwritten memos, or book pages for future reference
– Share a good restaurant menu on Twitter
Melissa Fietsam, Ind. Senior Executive Director at Thirty-One Gifts